Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Braden's Ways

Everyone who follows my blog, and knows me in person, knows how much I loved breastfeeding Parker.  He was a great little cuddler and Braden is no different in that area.  Braden loves to comfort nurse, and I'm the type of mom who doesn't mind it one bit.  I love the way that he grabs my fingers and holds on while he nurses.  I love the way that he looks at me and smiles when he's nursing.  Sure, it interrupts the milk part of it for a second...but, it deepens the bond infinitely.  Braden is a super snuggler, and if he had it his way he would just latch on and stay there all day long.  It's ok.  I like to feel his tiny feet moving when he nurses.  He just moves them back and forth real slow 'cause he's totally happy.  I love watching him open his hands and close them a la Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman when she's drinking the champaign 'cause he's enjoying himself and he doesn't have a care in the world.  I love watching his eyes open and then they roll back in his head 'cause it shows me he's in total heaven.  I love the eye flutters as he falls asleep.  I love the tiny suckles every 30 seconds or so.  I love how he plays with his ear when he nurses.

With Parker, I got to soak in every.single.second.  With Braden, I don't often get to just be in the moment with him because I've got Parker to take care of at the same time.  But, every so often, I am present with my baby boy...and loving it.  What a gift God has given me.  I'm truly blessed to have two healthy boys, and to be able to provide them every bit of nourishment and love that they need.  I now know my purpose in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment