Saturday, August 27, 2011

Traditions...Oh how they change but stay the same

When Justin and I were dating and he would come spend the weekends with me in Ohio, we would wake up Saturday and Sunday mornings and cuddle in bed watching tv.  Each morning we would say to one another, "This is the best part of my day."  It was like we tuned everything else out and there were no worries and no obligations.  Who would've known that the first time we said that we were putting something into place that would ground us and remind us of what was truly important in life.

Now, I'll admit that since we've had kids we don't often have the time or the energy to cuddle in bed and remind ourselves of what the best part of our day is...but, some days we do.  When we do have that time, though, it's even more special than it was before, because I know we truly mean what we are saying.

This morning, Justin and I laid in bed, on our respective sides.  Layla was at my feet.  Braden decided that he didn't want to go back to sleep in his bassinet, so naturally I brought him into bed with me.  He got comfy on my right side and snuggled up.  After a short time, I heard Parker stirring in his crib down the hall.  Justin went to get him and he brought him back to our bed.  Parker climbed up next to me on my left side and greeted me in his usual way...with a kiss and a "Hi babe."  He snuggled in on my left side and asked for cartoons.  So, we turned on the tv and Thomas the Train was on.  He loves Thomas.  Just then, Layla crawls up on my belly and lays her head on her paws just inches from my face.  Justin rolled over and puthis arms around Parker and Parker said, "Dada hug."  I was at the center of it all...holding Parker and Braden, Layla cuddling me and Justin holding onto us all.  I looked at Justin and smiled and said, "Oh, I love my boys and my little girl.  This is the best part of my day."  

No comments:

Post a Comment